Royal Oak Bowls is seeking expressions of interest for the position of Club Manager to help promote and grow this fantastic club. With some exciting innovations around the corner, this is an excellent opportunity to make a significant difference at one of New Zealand’s largest bowling clubs. Royal Oak Bowls is administered by a Board and the Manager reports directly to the Chairman.
The position is full time (40-hours a week) with the bulk of the work carried out Monday to Friday. There will be a requirement for some evening and weekend work on occasion.
The position will pay a competitive market salary commensurate with experience to be negotiated with the successful applicant. There are additional benefits including a phone/data package and a monthly fuel stipend.
The core functions of the job will be:
- Administration and Management of Royal Oak Bowls (excluding the greens and green keeping)
- Management of Bar Sales / Purchases
- Management of Gaming machines including Dept of Internal Affairs requirements.
- Manage the Facebook page and Website
- Management of the membership / customer databases
Strengthen the participation and usage of the Club’s greens and facilities
- Actively campaign and put activities in place to increase our playing membership
- Work alongside the Bowls Operations Committee and Bowls Coordinator
- Greater use of the facilities thereby promoting and managing all aspects of venue hire & social bowls
Club Investments and Development projects
- Manage the Club’s buildings including our rental properties
We are looking for an enthusiastic and well organised team player with fantastic communication skills. Bowling experience is not essential, however an interest in sport and recreation and previous experience in the sports/club industry would be advantageous. You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
If you believe that you have the necessary skills, passion and drive to undertake this exciting opportunity then we would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume with a covering letter no later than Wednesday 14th August 2019 at 5pm. You can apply via the Seek website or email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. A more detailed job description is available upon request.