The Bowls3Five Interclub starts on the 29th January, 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th February and Tuesday 12th March 2019 this being the Finals day. Reserve Day is the 19th March. Entries for this close with Centre on Wednesday 16th January 2018.
You will have seen the format on TV, and your 1-5 Year members may have taken part in the just concluded 1-5 Year Bowls3Five Interclub. Now it is the turn of every club member to get involved!
But there are a few rules! Remember this is a Bowls New Zealand event with a National title at stake and a place in next years televised Bowls3Five competition for the winning club.
Now back to these rules (click the link above for the full set of Conditions of Play):
- Club sides are made up of 3 teams of triples – 9 players. But there must be at least one man and one woman in each of the 3 teams. You can have 2 women and 1 man per team or 2 men and 1 woman per team, but not 3 men and not 3 women! So yes, this will make it hard for some clubs, but those are the rules! And remember that is per team not per side!
- Clubs are only allowed to enter a maximum of 2 sides. So, a maximum of 18 players from a club can play. Make sure you get your name down if you are keen!
- Games are played over 2 sets of 5 ends and a 1 end tie break end if required. A power play (where you score double) can also be used once throughout the game (not set!).
- Games will commence at 6pm on the scheduled Tuesday evenings with one round per night to be played – three teams from one club playing three teams from another club. Games take around about 1 hour, so you will be all finished just after 7pm, ready to enjoy some hospitality from your host club!
- Depending on the number of sides that enter we will most likely split into sections of 6 and play a five-week round robin with section winners to qualify for the final’s night – but more on that once entries close and we know how many sides we have.
- The winning Auckland Club will move to the next round which will be against the winner of the game played between the winning clubs from Counties Manukau and Thames Valley. This game needs to be played by the 31st March. The winner of that game plays again against either Far North, Northland or North Harbour in early April. The winner of that game qualifies for the National top Four to be played at the end of April, where we will find the national champion!
We would love to see as many club sides as possible enter, so please get together and make sure your club has at least one side entered and two if you can! Entries close on the 16th January – Club Secretaries have been sent the link to enter.